Let’s start with the easiest one thinkable and the beginning of it all. This post is for all you Do It Yourself Skin care aficionados.
A simple face moisturizer
- 6 drops of jojoba oil
- ¼ tablespoon sweet almond oil
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable glycerin
- 4 tablespoon of aloe vera juice
All the above are available at your local grocery store or supermarket (online order for vegetable glycerin) and all you need is the container that you will put the finished product in. Everything gets poured into the container “as is” and all you need to do is shake well. You do not need a mixer or a blender. Just remember to shake well before each use and to apply with very clean fingertips or with a cotton pad.
For the next lotion you can go for one that can be used by both men and women.
A repairing face lotion.
- An ounce of almond oil
- ¼ teaspoon of rose hip see oil
- An ounce of coconut oil
- 25 ounces of beeswax
- A packet of green tea preferably organic
Wax and the assortment of oils are to be put either in a bain-marie or a double boiler and heated up until they are completely melted down. Throw in the green tea and let it all heat up for 15 minutes. Use a fine sieve to strain the mixture and mix it up until the mixture is at room temperature and with a creamy texture. Fill your containers up (don’t forget to scrape down the sides) and store in the usual dry, cool and away from the sun place. This lotion should be good for several months.
Time for a men exclusive lotion. Yes! You guessed right!
An after shave lotion
- 7½ drops of bergamot essential oil
- 4 drops of peppermint oil
- 7½ drops of lemon essential oil
- 2½ tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 2½ drops of rosewater
- 1½ tablespoon of witch hazel
Use a glass jar to mix the vinegar and the hazel. After they are well mixed pour in the essential oils and continue mixing. Next comes the rosewater and last comes in the peppermint oil. Seal the jar and shake very well. For the next week keep shaking the jar once a day. Ready for use!
- The focus of the site is on the anti-aging and anti-wrinkle products. Here is a recipe for a lotion that will cover both needs.
- 3 drops of geranium essential oil
- 4 teaspoons of wheat germ oil
- 2 tablespoons of almond oil
- 2 teaspoons vegetable glycerin
- A capsule of vitamin E
- ¼ teaspoon retinol serum
- 2 tablespoons of lanolin
- A quarter of a cup avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons of rose water
For this one you will need an additional pan where you will warm the rose water in very low heat. Make sure it doesn’t boil. Use your double boiler or bain-marie to mix the avocado, almond and wheat germ oils stirring occasionally in medium to low heat. When you are confident that the oils are well mixed introduce the lanolin and allow for it to melt completely. Take the compound off the heat and use a wire whisk to briskly mix the lot. Very slowly add the rose water into the mixture and keep whisking until the texture is creamy and the consistency thick. Vitamin E, retinol and glycerin are to be added next and the entire compound stirred until it is homogenized. Last goes in the geranium oil. Mix to your satisfaction on consistency.
Use a plastic or glass jar to pour the mixture in and allow for it to cool down completely. As usual store in the same dry, cool and away from the sunlight place we’ve been talking about.
- The main topic and title of the site is www.bestantiagingserum.com. So, here it is:
An anti-aging serum naturally made by your own hands and probably the best.
- A quarter of an ounce evening primrose oil
- Another quarter of an ounce jojoba oil
- A third quarter of an ounce pomegranate oil
- 10 drops of carrot seed oil
- 20 drops of lavender oil
- 15 drops of vitamin E
No heating, no pouring in order just mixing. Use a dark glass bottle (imperative) to put everything in and then shake it vigorously until you are satisfied with the texture. Shake well before every use and apply on your face, neck and chest every morning and every night before going to bed.
- We have devoted an entire section of the site to the eye creams loading it with commercial products and their reviews. It follows logically that it should not be excluded from this section.
An anti-aging eye cream
- 6 to 8 vitamin E capsules
- Half a cup of organic coconut oil
What? Surprised with the ingredients? Did you really think that it would take a long list of substances to make an eye cream? All you need to do is melt down the coconut oil in the microwave for 15 minutes or in a saucepan over low heat. Pour the melted oil into the container that you will use, add the vitamin E capsules and stir well. When you are satisfied that the compound is well mixed, place in the refrigerator and let it there until it solidifies. This should take a little less than an hour.
If you choose to apply it in the morning you need to leave the cream on the skin for 10 minutes before you apply any makeup. However, you will get better results if you apply it at night before going to bed.